Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Strangers or are they? Take 2

One of the jobs I was working at included weekend hours, the sister company ajoined to us also had a few people working. I started chatting with one of the guys at the end of the day as we were getting ready to leave and he mentioned that he was frustrated with his name as no one could spell it.

I can greatly sympathize with him on this point and said so, then for the first time in my life, I said that I wish I had my Mom's last name because everyone can say and spell it, "Smith". So then he was like I know a few of those and asked where she was from. They were from the same province, however not from the same city.

Then he asked about my Grandparents, for the life of me I can never remember which city they are from, but when he my Grandfather's name, he was like "OMG, you don't mean Cpt. John Smith?!"

Which prompted me to say, "Well yeah, but we don't call him that, he's just Grandad." - Apparently he's a legend on his side of the family.

Turns out his Grandmother and my Grandfather are brother and sister. And I've been to his house a kid. We found each other across the country from where we were both from.

No comments:

Post a Comment